Reverse proxy setup¶
Securing your bot with SSL/TLS encryption is strongly recommended.
To do this, you need:
- An FQDN (e.g.
- To set up a web server as a reverse proxy
If your bot is running on a supported port, you can use Cloudflare's Proxy and free SSL/TLS instead.
If you already have a domain and know how to create an HTTPS proxy, you can safely skip this page. If not, there are several options available:
|Bot installations||Docker only||Any||Any||PebbleHost only|
Make sure you set the bot's
HTTP_TRUST_PROXY environment variable to
Caddy 2 (recommended)¶
If you already have Caddy running, update your existing configuration and use
caddy reload instead.
First, install Caddy, then create a
1 2 3
Now start Caddy:
This example will proxy traffic from
http://tickets.example.com to your bot.
To secure the connection, refer to the guides linked above.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- Remove this line if you don't have IPv6 networking.
- Replace this with the FQDN that you set in your bot's
- Change the port to match your bot's
HTTP_PORTenvironment variable. Also, change the IP address if the bot is running on a different server.
This example shows the additions you may need to make to your
docker-compose.yml file to configure Traefik.
After installing and configuring Traefik (referring to the documentation linked above), change the highlighted values to match your configuration.
This example shows the configuration you may need to add to the
bot service & router in exemple docker-compose.yml file.
Refer to the documentation linked above for more information.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
- Replace the traefik_network by the network used by traefik to reverse_proxy & loadbalancing your services
- Set to true if you're using a reverse proxy
- Enables Traefik for this container
- Optional but recommended, tells Traefik which Docker network to use
- Tells Traefik the entrypoint to use, make it correspond to the one you've set on Traefik's configuration
- Replace tickets.example.com with your FQDN
- Tells traefik to fetch discord tickets on 8169 port
PebbleHost Reverse Proxy
How to set up a reverse proxy on PebbleHost.