Terms of service, user agreement, and disclaimers¶
As you can almost certainly tell, this document wasn't written nor reviewed by a legal professional.
I'll try my best to provide good services in compliance with the law, and I ask that as a user of those services, you be kind, do not try to ruin the services, and don't take legal action against me. Thanks!
These terms do not apply to the open-source software itself (only to the hosted services), with the exception that, unless disabled, the Discord Tickets Bot automatically connects to Discord Tickets StatsAPI.
Please read the
LICENSE file located in the root directory of the git repository for the open-source software you are using.
Throughout this document, "I", "me"/"my", and "eartharoid" refer to the creator, Isaac Saunders (and "we"/"our" may refer to me and my business partners).
The "services" include, but are not limited to:
- The discordtickets.app website
- The blog.discordtickets.app website
- The status.discordtickets.app website
- The feedback.discordtickets.app website
- Discord Tickets StatsAPI (stats.discordtickets.app)
- The publicly-hosted Discord Tickets Bot
- Managed (private) Discord Tickets Bots
"Discord Tickets Bot", "the bot" etc refer to the open-source software. "Hosted bots" are public or managed bots.
"Eartharoid"/"eartharoid" (and the earth icon logo) are trademarks of Isaac Saunders. "Discord Tickets" though, is not, due to infringing on a trademark of Discord Inc. (sorry, Discord).
By using any of the services, you acknowledge that "Discord Tickets" is not in any way affiliated with nor endorsed by Discord/Discord Inc., and that you are not using or paying for a product or service of Discord Inc.
By using any of the services, you accept that, unless specified otherwise, there is no warranty or guarantee provided with the service, and I am not liable for any damages or losses (such as loss of users/members, revenue or profit, reputation etc) as a result of using or relying upon the services, and/or the service being unavailable, malfunctioning, or not working as expected.
You accept that access to services may be revoked/terminated (from individuals, groups, or everyone) at any time (regardless of whether the terms or policies have been breached), without reason or warning. However, I will attempt to give reasonable prior notice and a reason if possible and not too inconvenient to myself.
3.1. The websites (and APIs)¶
3.1.1. Main website and blog¶
The information provided on these websites is done so with good intentions, and correct to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication, but there is no guarantee of validity. The information is not intended to deceive or mislead readers.
Hyperlinks on this site may link to external websites, the content of which is beyond my control. Some of those links may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a reward if you make a purchase on the linked site after clicking the link.
By using the websites, you agree to not abuse features and bugs or APIs, and not intentionally damage the site or its infrastructure or harm the experience of other visitors.
By sending data to the StatsAPI, you agree to not knowingly send incorrect data or make excess HTTP requests in an attempt to disrupt the service, invalidate the aggregated statistics, inflict additional cloud usage costs or send requests with any other malicious intent.
You agree to not submit spam or repetitive ideas or comments.
3.2. Hosted bots¶
Unless specified otherwise, there is no guarantee of service (uptime or availability).
3.2.1. User Agreement (Acceptable Use policy)¶
You may not use the service in a way, intentionally or otherwise, that:
- causes disruption or damage to the service
- causes additional strain on systems, networks, or connected services
- creates excess costs
- bypasses restrictions or limitations
- takes advantage of a vulnerability
- includes accessing data that you are not permitted to
- Do not organize, promote, or participate in hate speech or hateful conduct
- Do not use Discord for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism
- Do not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent
- Do not share content that violates anyone's intellectual property or other rights
- Do not coordinate or participate in malicious impersonation of an individual or an organization
- Do not engage in activities intended to cause damage or gain unauthorized access to another user's account, network, or system.
- Do not distribute or provide access to content involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of stolen goods, pirated content, or accounts. This includes sharing or selling game cheats or hacks.
- Do not organize, promote, or engage in any illegal or dangerous behaviour
is otherwise unlawful in either your jurisdiction or the United Kingdom
- would be considered unfair or abusive by a reasonable person
- a reasonable person would deem unreasonable
3.2.2. Managed bots¶
The service may take up to a week to begin, although commonly begins within 24 hours after you create a ticket. You agree that you are paying for a hosting and support service, the privilege to use free software with less hassle. You acknowledge that you will be using the same open-source software that can be self-hosted, that such software is imperfect, and that refunds will not be given (though may be considered for exceptional circumstances).
The "Basic" (formerly "Standard") plan comes with no guarantee of uptime or availability. You accept that you will not be offered compensation or refunds for downtime, malfunctions, or any other problems with the service.
The "Professional" (formerly "Premium") plan comes with the following agreement:
- The service may be occasionally unavailable for short periods (typically less than 5 minutes) for upgrades/maintenance to be performed
- Scheduled downtime may last up to 15 minutes without compensation
- If requested (via a ticket, DM, or email), you may receive 15p (£0.15) of credit per 1 hour of unscheduled downtime
- You may receive a maximum of 150p (£1.50) of credit per month
- Your credit has no expiration date
- Your credit cannot be transferred to other persons
Payments are handled by our payment processor, Stripe.
You must have permission and the legal right to fulfil the transaction(s), including being of legal age to enter a contract. You will not charge back or dispute payments and refunds will not be granted unless required by law.