Previous experience with hosting is recommended. If you don't understand this section, consider getting a managed bot instead.
Regardless of the installation method you choose, the bot requires:
- Node.js v18 or higher (with npm, pnpm, or yarn)
- a free port
- at least 150MB RAM
- at least 1GB disk space (at least 100MB for the database if archiving)
- a supported database (MySQL 8 recommended)
git is recommended.
SQLite should be avoided if you expect to use the archiving feature, especially in large guilds.
SQLite is an embedded (rather than server-based) database and has some advantages:
- Incredibly easy to use, nothing extra to install and configure
- Very fast for read-intensive workloads
- No overhead (wasted resources going to the database server)
But archiving requires a lot of writing which may present some problems, especially in large/active guilds:
- May be slower when messages are being written to the database
- The database file will only grow in size, even when data is deleted. This can be fixed by occasionally manually vacuuming the database. Auto vacuuming is not enabled as it would increase fragmentation and degrade performance.
If you don't currently have a system that meets these requirements, there are some hosting providers on the next page ( you can press N).